StarStruck Bright Tomorrows College Scholarship
Made possible by a generous donation from Mike and Beverly Groeniger, the StarStruck Bright Tomorrows College Scholarship is established in recognition of teens who have demonstrated their commitment to StarStruck.
Eligibility & criteria for selectionDemonstrated involvement in and commitment to StarStruck:
Performers must have participated in a minimum of 3 of the listed mainstage shows. Extra consideration will be given to those who have demonstrated long-term commitment to StarStruck in both winter, summer, and pandemic productions.
- Les Misérables
- Frozen Jr.
- Legally Blonde Jr.
- The Addams Family
- The Wizard of Oz
Techs are eligible if they have volunteered for a minimum of any 4 StarStruck shows.
Application includes an essay in response to these three topics: (Please limit your response to 300 words or less.)
- How has StarStruck affected your life? What lessons did you learn at StarStruck that you will carry with you in the future?
- What was your proudest accomplishment during your time at StarStruck?
- What are your plans and aspirations for the future?
Scholarships will be in the amount of $1,000 or more. The number and size of awards will depend on the number of applicants, criteria met, and other considerations at the discretion of the selection committee.
If awarded a StarStruck Bright Tomorrows Scholarship, students will be expected to acknowledge the gift and will not be eligible to apply again.
About college eligibility and fees
- Definition of college: An accredited 2-year or 4-year institution of higher education that grants an Associate of Arts or Bachelors degree, or accredited vocational school that grants a certificate of completion.
- Students transferring from community or junior college to a 4-year university are eligible.
- All areas of study and majors will be considered.
- Scholarship funds can be applied to:
- Books and fees
- Room and board
- Must apply online by Monday, May 2, 2022.
- Scholarship awards will be announced by Friday, June 3, 2022.
- Applied by deadline
- Eligibility criteria met
- Student is a senior in high school or full time junior college student (minimum 12 units)
- Proof of college acceptance included (which may be submitted up to June 1, 2020 if transferring from junior college to 4-year institution.)
- APPLY HERE