StarStruck is currently seeking applicants to fill the following positions:
Teaching Artists & Summer Camp Directors
StarStruck Theatre in Fremont, CA is seeking talented, positive, and passionate Teaching Artists for our upcoming classes (January-April) and summer camps (June- August)
The ideal candidate:
- Is fully vaccinated
- Loves musical theatre & working with children
- Is a fantastic leader, communicator, and team player
- Creates both weekly and daily schedules for their team
- Is a triple threat performer
- 3+ years experience teaching theatrical classes & camps for ages 6-14
- 2+ years directing experience
- 1+ year musical theatre choreography experience
Time: Varies by semester.
- Fall/Winter Classes meet 1x/Week for 10-12 weeks. Class hours are usually 3:45-6:16pm on weekdays only.
- Summer Camps meet for 1 week or 3-4 week sessions. M-F approx. 9am-3pm
Location: StarStruck Studios, Fremont, CA
Employment Type: Contract, with opportunity to extend through school year
Documents Needed: Live Scan, W4, Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
- Maintain consistency through class sessions
- Collaborate with StarStruck's Artistic Team on all elements of class casting through performances
- Create weekly and daily schedules for the team
- Lead Warm-ups & Theatre Games
- Create and teach blocking/choreography that meets or exceeds StarStruck's artistic standards
- Assist in pulling/creating costumes, props, and set pieces as needed
- Manage young actors (ages vary by class) and teaching assistants (Ages 15-18)
- Be a kind & helpful role model for all!
To apply, send teaching/directing resume, performing resume, and cover letter to StarStruck’s Education Team at Education.StarStruck@gmail.com. Please note in your cover letter your favorite type of class to teach, age groups you have worked with, and weekly availability for our January-April semester and or/summer camps (June-August). StarStruck Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all genders, race, and ethnicities to apply.
About StarStruck Theatre
StarStruck Theatre is a non-profit youth performing arts organization whose mission is to enrich the lives of a diverse community by providing theatre arts education, performance opportunities, and musical productions of uncompromising quality.
Our Guiding Principles
- We value artistic expression and social interaction.
- We place priority on the highest professional standards in all areas of production.
- We provide a positive environment in which young people can learn teamwork and communication skills and build self-esteem.
- Our programs give children of all ages an opportunity to work together and learn from each other.
- We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of our programs.
Learn more at StarStruckTheatre.org
StarStruck is always looking for dynamic teaching artists, choreographers, stage managers, directors, and technical theatre professionals to join our company. Please send resume and cover letter to StarStruckOffice@gmail.com.
StarStruck Theatre is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of our programs. We highly encourage people of color and other historically underrepresented groups to apply.