2023 StageStruck Summer Performance Camps
After passing an audition/application, StageStruck campers will work with StarStruck teaching artists for 4 weeks to rehearse and perform Madagascar Jr. at the NUMMI Theatre at Ohlone College. Based on the smash DreamWorks animated motion picture, Madagascar - A Musical Adventure JR. follows all of your favorite crack-a-lackin' friends as they escape from their home in New York's Central Park Zoo and find themselves on an unexpected journey to the madcap world of King Julien's Madagascar.
To join this intermediate performance camp, students must first submit an audition application between February 15 and March 1, 2023. We will notify you of your admission status by March 6th. Students unable to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required to present a negative COVID test on the first day of their camp session. Covid rules and guidelines are subject to change.
Show Title: Madagascar Jr.
Directed by Hilary A Stevens
Music Direction by Molly Anderson
Choreography by Gisele Lajevardi
Tuition: $1,500 (Scholarships available)
|WEEK 1||JUNE 5-9||M/T/W/TH/F||9:30am-3:30pm|
|WEEK 2||JUNE 12-16||
|WEEK 3||JUNE 19-23||
|WEEK 4- TECH||JUNE 26-JULY 1||
|PERFORMANCE DAY 1||JUNE 30||FRIDAY||
CALL TIME: 5pm
|PERFORMANCE DAY 2||JULY 1||SATURDAY||
CALL TIME: 12pm
PERFORMANCE: 2pm & 7pm
|PERFORMANCE DAY 3||JULY 2||SUNDAY||
CALL TIME: 12pm
Rehearsals: StarStruck Studio- 42307 Osgood Road, Unit J, Fremont, CA
Tech/Performances: NUMMI Theatre at Ohlone College- 43600 Mission Blvd, Fremont, CA
Pictured above: StageStruck Summer 2021 Camp: The Lion King Kids. Photo by Phillip Hawkins
Audition Video Guidelines
TO SEND AN AUDITION VIDEO, include a YouTube link with the following:
- The performer should show us their personality with a short introduction stating their name, how old they will be in June, and a fun fact or short sentence about why being in the 4-week camp is important to them.
- 30 seconds to 1 minute of a song you love to sing! Remember to act while you are singing
- Please perform to a Karaoke/Accompaniment Track (no a cappella singing, no lead vocals singing along with you, please)
- Please provide a YouTube link to ONE video containing your FULL audition.
Recording your video: The video should be a full body or waist up shot, with the actor looking AT the camera. Keep your full recording to 2-3 minutes max. Begin your video by stating your name, age, song, and an interesting fact. Your song should be sung to either a backing karaoke track or piano. If you are having any difficulty finding a track to sing to, please let us know as we have several solutions to help.
All audition videos are due at the time of submitting your application.
Sending the video: The best method is to upload your audition video to YouTube as an UNLISTED video and marked “not for kids”. Then add the link to the GoogleForm. If you have a google account, you should have access to YouTube already. Please use your name + “StageStruck 2023” as the title of the video. (For example: “Lori Stokes- StageStruck 2023”) If you do not have access to a YouTube account, you may send the video as a standard email attachment to email@example.com. Be sure to use your name + “StageStruck 2023” as the subject of the email. Most email clients will automatically upload the video to a cloud service so we can download it to view.
Performers are expected to attend every day of camp, including all tech rehearsals and performances. If your student will miss any part of the camp dates or times, please let us know on your audition application.
***Please be honest about any potential conflicts (including any late drop off/early pick-up) you may have during summer camp. Students with one or two conflicts CAN be admitted, as long as we're notified in your application. Unfortunately, due to the high number of camp applications that we usually receive, adding conflicts AFTER you're admitted to camp may result in your child losing their spot in camp.***
We are so excited to welcome our students back to the studio again this summer. All in person camps will adhere to current CDC and Alameda County guidelines as they undoubtedly shift. Some guidelines of note:
- Summer 2023 Campers are required to show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test. All StarStruck staff and teaching assistants are also fully vaccinated + boosted.
- Students should be prepared to wear a mask for all rehearsals and performances, but this is subject to change as guidelines fluctuate. StarStruck will always survey the parents of enrolled students before deciding if a performance or rehearsal will be held without masks.
- During camp hours we will have our roll up doors open and air purifiers on. We will also be sure to sanitize generously before, during, and after each camp.
- Read more about StarStruck's protocols by clicking HERE.
- All applicants are welcome and encouraged to also consider joining one or more of our 1-week camps, "STARKIDS!". Admission is first come, first served on our website beginning Wednesday, March 8, 20223 at 10am.
- Students may only attend one 4-week camp, but we encourage you to apply to multiple camp sessions in the event your 1st choice session is full. To accommodate as many students as possible, the StarStruck staff will hand select which camp your student is ultimately admitted to. We will do our best to accommodate your scheduling needs.
- Students that are not admitted after the first round of applications will automatically be added to a waitlist. We will add students from the waitlist to our camps if registered students drop.
- Performers are expected to attend every day of camp, including all tech rehearsals and performances. If your student will miss any part of the camp dates or times, please let us know on your audition application.
- Proof of vaccination or negative COVID test required of campers and staff
- No before or after care available
- See the full list of Frequently Asked Questions HERE